March 08, 2009

Pics galore

My bluetooth device decided to work one morning, so I went and got my pics uploaded.

What Marvin got from me when he came back from Indo on 2 March:
















VCDs (pirated =x) and this cute monkey keychain:




















I waited for him at the airport, but his elder sister turned up, so in the end I had to miss Ivins with Jaslin and the peeps. Later we all met up at AMK Hub, then went to New York New York, where me and Jas shared this Fried Mars Bars:
















Strawberry ice cream to top it off, and the nougat is omg, very sweet. Definitely recommended for sweet-tooth peeps and for those who have loose teeth.

7th March 09 Saturday
Michael took me out for lunch, drinks and dancing :D

Sugisawa: A Japanese restaurant tucked away at a little corner near Dhoby Ghaut















The interior:
















My sushi bento (I <3 the cold soba)















Its a cosy place where you can enjoy decently priced meals; and Michael suggested we had warm sake as well, since it was raining. Sake is .. hmm, the warm one was nice, at first it really hits you then slowly lets off after a while, I think I like it better than Martel with green tea.

After that we went to the Redevous bar and shared champagne (again, Michael finished most of the glass for me) while playing drinking games. I kept losing to zero, maybe I should buy 4D =x and later, pear vodka with orange while he taught me some basic moves from Bachata, a kind of latin dance. Aparently, I have "no flexibility at all" but he says I'm a good student, since I can take instructions and I have "terrible shoulders" (I'm always hunched over the lappy when I play). Ah well, but it was a fun day, and next time when he gets back to SG again we're going for tapas at the ibis Hotel :)

These days, I have been out going for interviews, calling up companies from the classified ads .. went through a breakup and then days of mizerable-ness and then patching .. elation from +6 and 2nd socket on first try, then 3rd socket on the 2nd try with my lucky chipper Lysa on this WOS:
















Then yesterday I went to RP to meet Marvin, and we went to this stall for lunch. I had lemongrass-chilli chicken slices from them before, but had never visited the shop:















ALL of the dishes on the menu are to die for, and Marvin says they randomise their menu daily, so you never know what to expect. And I had their abalone hor fun for lunch, yum-ness:
















They serve it with bak kut teh soup, which is fabulous .. the sotong slices and chicken pieces are tender, the sotong still smelled of the sea but still, lovely. And for $4, its really good .. they have just won themselves a loyal customer from now on.

After that, my laptop wouldn't work for the whole day, and I kept getting this "0190 - Critical low battery error", so we went down to Funan It Mall thinking they would have IBM Lenovo batteries sold there, but no. Got myself this Sumajin optical mouse (1200 dpi) at $17:




















Since I have been doing without a mouse for 3 whole years since I got the laptop, figured this was a steal so I bought it. My feet died from walking a lot wearing sandals with a hard base =(

Gonna go down to YJC with my family tomorrow, my sis says they're having a carnival so I'm going there to support ^^ That's all for now.

1 comment:

nekobushi said...

OMG the jap restaurant. the owner n wife r my dad's friends. lol.