April 06, 2009

Phew.

7 more days, and it would have been a month since I last updated my blog. Many things have happened, like my laptop dying on me and having it sent to the NUS Co-op for repair (heaven forbid I live without my laptop, I really suffer withdrawal symptoms); or going for interviews and calling up companies which I still do, since I'm still unemployed. And with university students graduating soon, competition will reach a new peak.

I should be so lucky to have time to call my own, and lately because I'm unemployed and stuff, I actually get to spend more time with my family, with Marvin, with my GE friends, and this trade-off should be all good, except my bank account's seeing red and it doesn't help that my mum constantly tells me the expenses she will offload to me once I get a job (like my PruLife insurance premium and transport fares and poly fees I have to pay back to her). Reality sucks, its cruel but I have to face it anyway, like it or not.

Food wise, I think a few weeks back I had Kenny Rodgers with Jas and the peeps, I love their corn muffin, and the way they design their menu is pretty cool, you get their KR chicken and choose from hot/cold sides. The cheese macaroni was ok for the first few bites, after that too much cheese put me off. I liked the baked rice, but too bad they served it in small portions. And then recently I had banana and chocolate cream, from Marvelous Cream @ the Citylink mall, thanks to Marvin who got it for me as a treat, and I <3 the chocolate waffle too~

Today, woke early to go for Qing Ming Festival, me and my dad cycled to Yishun Columbrium (I dunno how to spell, its the place like a temple where urns are stored) just opposite Yishun Primary School, which was once Peixin where I studied). Because I didn't have time to have breakfast before I went out, my dad was worried I'd blackout again like the time we went to Marsiling on bicycle, so he got me pao while we waited for my mum and relatives to come. Before that we went to look-see around the place, my first time, and it was hmm, smoky and hot and crowded .. Qing Ming is really a big family affair, with everyone bringing their offerings and stuff to pray for their deceased. Then we had to wait a long while for a table to place our offerings on the table. When we were done, my little bro came from his wushu and joined us for kway chap, after that my dad and I cycled to Northpoint, but it was raining quite heavily and we had to wait at GV.

Around 12, I went to my grandma's place to visit my baby cousin Siew Min, she's really cute~ If she's excited she'll do circles with both her feet lol, like clockwork and she doesn't seem to tire of it. At one point I got to carry her for a while, babies are fun in the sense they have those small little hands that like to grab your finger and not let go, and she kept looking up at me as if trying to place who I was. Well, at least she didn't mind me carrying her, but cried when my mum tried to. After that, I doubled back to GV to find my dad when Siew Min fell asleep, but he called and said he was waiting with our 2 bikes downstairs @@ I wonder how he did that, what with the rain and all, and he can answer the hp on the bike for longer than me (I saw it today, and I just stared at his back with my mouth open like some goldfish while he answered my mum's call, riding the bicycle through bends and narrow paths like it was a wide, smooth road =x) My dad is imba.

GE wise .. I want my account back. Playing AQW and fishing on DF helps alleviate the numbness.

Marvin and I, we've had arguments, good times, bad times. Sometimes my mum or my friends ask me, what do I see in him, oh well, I guess the difference is that I'm the one who has feelings for him and not them. I should be so lucky to call him "mine", when people are trying to match make him with their daughters or girls hitting on him. Yet at times, when I can only think of throwing the towel in frustration, I wonder if couples have quarrels about specific issues only .. and how they work through it.

All I want, is for things to be OK. That's all.

No comments: