April 26, 2009

Ok, gonna put up some pics before my usual wall of text :p

My Kenny Rodger's Quarter Chicken w/ Cheese Marcaroni and baked rice that I had at Marina Square weeks ago:

















I <3 the rice~ SnowSakurai on right, me and Marvin helping out with teh grill




























The ladies are doing all the dirty work .. guys only waiting to chope the food :p

Everyone gather round, here's (back row, left to right) vivoko, PanDiora, Shinigami, Dominica, snowolf, PaneraI, GuaiLanFrog, Luthirien (middle row, left to right) cyctoo, Clandestine, EnforcerBankai, SnowSakurai, Persephonne, Haiides, SpiritMoonZ (front row) Cookie and ICECUBE. Sorry if I mixed up anyone's ign.














Our ambassador for liquor: GuaiLanFrog haha, anyone wants their alcohol fix, you know who to find :p














The sushi I made, wrapped and displayed nicely on the tray with Marvin's help before it was all eaten by the hungry wolves :p




















On to my wall of text nao~

I finally landed a job as an admin asstant at NUS, and have been working since Thurday at the SDE faculty. I must say, its a win-win situation - food's cheap there and I like what I do at work, so it's all fine~ The only grouse I have is that I need an hr to commute to and fro every morning, squeezing with the crowds, but oh well, no pain no gain. And for the BBQ outing yesterday, well, on Friday evening Marvin and I went to IMM to shop for ingredients and things we needed, and had Subway Melt for dinner with cookies~ The last time I had Subway was at Raffles Place during my OCBC attachment last year.

So Saturday morning, I travelled to Marvin's place to do the sushi, and we had fun throughout the whole process :p I thawed, boiled the ingrdients and got Marvin to run errands for me (buying Japanese short-grain rice was a bit of a problem, NTUC nor Cold Storage stocked it, in the end Marvin had to go to Bugis to buy a bag) then rolled the sushi while Marvin did the cutting. And gosh, his house is a mess T_T and the stove! I nearly fainted when I saw it. Really tak boleh tahan, so I ended up cleaning the stove before I started doing the sushi. And his room is a .. well, when its messy its like a real pigsty. We made enough for 4 trays, and then went to Bedok to take a bus to East Coast Park. By that time we were already late, and it was dark plus my favourite sandal went buaya on me T_T So Marvin sacrificed his slippers for me to wear while he went barefoot =x

Had to walk a long long way to the BBQ pit, when we got there, everyone was already eating and having fun. Ate, drank, talked, laughed, chatted with new Athena pple and old Baron pple; and then GLF brought Chivas Regal, Martell and Vodka. Woots! Now this is what I called a party, thankfully, Marvin let me have some alcohol. We went to have green tea as a mixer with the chivas, and everyone toasted each other and we all had tremendous fun, what with the guys trying to throw Cookie/vivoko into the sea for a dunking :p Food wise, there was grilled prawns, sausages, crabstick, grilled stingray, chicken/mutton satay, beef kebab, Snow's pasta salad (curly marcorni with cashew nuts and white sesame seeds) and my sushi ^^ They pretty much wiped out everything, so I didn't get to bring any sushi home for my family to try.

Had a bit of hmm, eventful day while trying to get home. But I do honestly feel, when my Dale is with me, things will resolve themselves.

Next update in a week or so ^^, that's all for now.

No comments: