November 20, 2007

The whole of last night was spent trying to breathe properly with a blocked nose that ran. Was very very tempted to chop my nose off; it was running like a tap. Woke late this morning, and went down to see the doctor who gave me an MC and told me to drink more water.

My medicine from the clinic, the one in the bottle is from my tui-na session.

After that, Mum brought me to Jurong East, where we took bus 334 to Jurong West St 42. Walked a few blocks to reach the tui-na clinic at Blk 541, Jurong West Ave 1:

The Malaysian couple who run the clinic live in Bedok, but base their clinic in Jurong West because most of their customers live around the area. While waiting for my turn, me and my mum chatted with an old lady, a childcare teacher who'd suffered from mild stroke on her left side and was warded in TTSH for a month and a half before being discharged. In addition to her weekly physiotherapy sessions, she would come down from her home in Balestier and do tui-na, which she said helped to relieve the numbing sensations in her left limbs.

When it came to me, the sinseh told me to sit straight and relax while he massaged my back, neck, head and arms to get the blood circulation flowing. It was only a 15 min session, and it didn't hurt as much to move my neck, but it still hurts. He gave me a bottle of pills which I had to take for the swelling of my back muscles.

Gonna submit my MC and stuff tomorrow. Meanwhile I'm going to stay huddled in bed from the cold. Catch yall later.

No comments: