February 12, 2008

New Year's over, exams incoming

So, as the weekend passes by, so does CNY ends. 4 days of non-top eating, visiting relatives .. I'm kind of tired of traditions. And routines, like visiting. All we do is chat, eat, watch tv and play card games. Makes me wonder if any of my cousins get bored of doing the same thing, no doubt once per year.

Found a nice little corner of Woodlands on Sun when we decided to go out. They cycled, I walked/jogged all the way to where RP is, and went in to the park. Curiously enough, its called Khatib Park tho the location is nowhere near Khatib.





























Its a large, airy space just right outside RP's compound, a haven for skaters and cyclists. Was quite windy that day, and I composed this poem while watching the children play at the playground. Very short and untitled, but inspiration has been poor for me lately.

Unfettered by chains,
running in joy unbridled.

Unbothered by critiques,
playing with carefree feeling.

Such is innocence,
such are little children.

No comments: