May 19, 2008

HK Cafe PART 2

Tons of food, so I wanted to put em seperately. Ok, to start off, this is what we ordered while waiting for Gerald and Jaslin to arrive, Har Gao (shrimp dumpling) and Siew Mai















My milo dinosaur (whee at last I got to try it, and the cup is so cute)
















Then I ordered a main dish, because if you only order dim sum you'll get hungry real quick. I decided to get their HK Wanton Mee (dry) that Clement recommended, while Spin got the soup version. I really really love the fried wanton, its crispy and manages not to leave a cloying aftertaste in the mouth, and not too oily as well.















Clement (madjerk) got French Toast (the size is like, whoa)




















Gerald got pork chop spaghetti (to me its so-so, I could have this at home)




















On my second round, I got shrimp wrapped in beancurd skin. This wasn't really nice, it was much too oily and the skin was rather hard to chew through















Jaslin and me shared Japanese rice mochi with red bean paste and vanilla ice cream for dessert. I LOVE the mochi to bits, its OISHI!! And it looks too cute to be eaten lols
















But the real highlight of the meal was the Mango Snow that we ordered. I don't have the pic but its colossal, and we couldn't finish it =x On the way home I got this from Jaslin (its supposed to be a Thai snack and I don't know the name either, at first I thought it was some delicate toy because it looked so real! Then Jas said it could be eaten) Cute isn't it?















Spent about $15 plus total on the food .. went home feeling bloated but otherwise happy

That's about it as far as posts go, probably won't update again soon.

No comments: