May 05, 2008

Intro to NYP's Food

This post is mostly for Spin's benefit.

Showcasing:

Brownie covered in hot fudge with chocolate ice cream, $2.50. Milo freeze - $2, both from Splash and Decker. I used to order this frequently but now my cravings have changed. I still like it that it looks deceptively small - the taste is to die for. Choc ftw.
















Then we have soup and bread rolls from The Grinning Gecko, $1.80. Some of you would have seen my pics of Surf and Turf already (and yes I had it for lunch today cos I missed it, and also the soup). Lovely, thick creamy home cooked broth. They use fresh ingredients, like fresh mushrooms or tender chunks of chicken, no Campbell Soup for them. And the bread is actually chewy~ toasted not fried.
















Next, Laksa from South Canteen, $2. I don't really like the soup because its too thick for me, but portion wise its served in a nice, chummy bowl. The ingredients are ample enough for cheap fare.
















And last but not least, Tempura Udon from the Japanese stall in Koufu, $3.50. The udon is a thick, chewy affair.
















Will showcase more when I get the chance. Going down on Friday with my sis to visit my mum, so I'll pop over to Takashimaya on the way to satisfy my craving for pretzels woot~

No comments: