December 19, 2007

6.40pm last night saw me and my dad leaving the house, since he didn't want to take his dinner first. Which was as well, because by the time we reached Novena, took bus 56 for 2 stops and then walked a ways up the road and reached the Children Tower of KKH, it was already 8pm. Which was the time their official visiting hours ended =x

When we went in the ward, and saw my sis sleeping .. it really hurts to see her being the one lying there. Then my mum filled us in on the day's events, basically they found out after x-ray that she had fiscal matter floating around, uncleared. So she's warded for further observation.

Patients there are really .. pampered. Every 2 hours, the nurses will come in with a check-list of food you can order for breakfast/lunch/tea/dinner/supper, and then bring it in to you after noting down what you ate. Bells are located conveniently so you can call the nurses when you need to. Guess what my sis ordered? Fish fingers. And she's getting chicken chop for lunch today. o_0 Then somewhere along the way she woke up, and then we all had a nice long chat .. although she was most concerned about her handphone. I think she was starting to get bored to death there. According to my mum 3 friends rang her up so she narrated her story thrice in full detail to the 3 of them lols

And since my sis was warded, the only meals my mum had were the bread they served as snacks .. so by the time we went there, it was the 8th piece. I think my mum can slim down if this keeps up for another day XD. My sis showed me a plaster on her left hand, saying it was there because when they tried to poke into her veins they couldn't find any blood (after causing a few holes). Then they inserted one long, eeky needle into her right vein which she says hurts like nuts. And she told me when she first arrived at the hospital, her blood pressure was 46, when sitting/standing up it was only 80 plus, but when lying down it was 100 plus which was considered normal. o_0

When I handed her the dino soft-toy I brought from home so she wouldn't be lonely, she grinned. Maybe it was a childish gesture on my part but ah well. Later at 12.30pm me and my lil bro are gonna meet my grandma at Yishun so we can all go down to visit, then I'll take over my mum while she goes home for a nap, and come back with my dad. Mum just called to say my sis's tests results were good, so she might be discharged early and we might not need to visit. We'll see how things go.

No comments: