December 10, 2007

WOOOOT ITS FIXED ^^

My cd-rom drive's back in business!!! Woot!!

Luke passed me the disc for the client today .. and then I went home to try to fix the problem myself after dinner .. all it took was a 3 mins search on yahoo for the solution T_T And to think I suffered a missing disk drive for 1 month ..

This is what I did (even my drive and icon were missing)

  1. Click Start, then Run, then enter REGEDIT to open the Registry Editor
  2. Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class entry
  3. Under the Class entry, double click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
  4. In the right-hand pane, click ONCE to select the UpperFilters entry
  5. Make sure the UpperFilters entry is highlighted, press Delete, then Yes.
  6. In the right-hand pane, click ONCE to select the LowerFilters entry
  7. Make sure the LowerFilters entry is highlighted, press Delete, then Yes.
  8. Close the Registry Editor by clicking File, Exit

*I feel like a goondoo kiwi bird for my stupidity*

Anyway, installing GE now. Ahhh I'm so happy :D

No comments: