December 18, 2007

Is this for real?

6.40 am, and I'm woken by sounds coming from the living room. Nothing unusual, but when I go outside, my sister is lying on the sofa, face grey. When I try to talk to her she can barely make a peep. Then my mum says something about the hospital and dials 995, then gives the address for an ambulance to come asap.

Still disoriented, I ask my maid what's going on. She said "(Hui)Yuan shake on floor, ming". Convulsions I think. Then I recall that last night my sis told me about the fishbone she swallowed, and how she still felt chest pains after vomiting a bit. Mum comes over and gets me to get my sis's stuff and to get changed - she wants me to accompany her to hospital.

Then the SCDF people arrive, take my sis's blood pressure and stuff, then after asking a few qns about my sister's medical history, about what happened, they said everything's fine but if my mum wants, they can take her to hospital for check-up. Then she decided on KK Hospital, but the SCDF people tell us that only one can accompany my sis on the ambulance. So I'm left to watch them as they strap my sis in a chair and wheel her out of the house, followed by my mum.

Its only 5 mins after they leave, that it hits me: my sis, strapped to a chair, is en route to hospital for a check-up. Of course I don't want this to be real but it's happening. This is an early morning nightmare for me. Crap for all things to happen.

So here I sit in the study room, blogging with an upset stomach. Forgot I hadn't had breakfast =x I hope nothing big happens to my sis. Will be posting updates when I get them.

No comments: