January 31, 2008

Ordeal over?

Finally, the blasted - depressing - stressful - idiotic - damnable ITIPJ is over.

A lot of sweat, blood and tears went into our presentation, which we did our best for. Scott and Lim were relatively ok .. up to our turn to present we were still debugging errors as much as possible. Its over now so I don't want to talk about it .. but, I just want to say that things may happen when you least expect them. And when they happen .. well nobody wanted to it but ah well, to my team: good one, all. And .. I don't know Kelvin as well as the rest of you do but maybe we should give him a treat or something? =x

First thing I did when I got home yesterday was to head for my bed. Of course my mum nagged me to have dinner first, but I was drained, not to mention hurting from my blisters (which still hurt despite the plaster). Was in a relatively bad mood last night, don't know why. Then when I woke at 9 plus pm over dinner my mum told me about an incident that happened to her yesterday while she was on her way home from the doctor's.

Apparently she had gone to Cold Storage to buy some muah chee (the ones in the packets) like this:


















and had bought a little bag for us. Then she happened to pass by this store at the pasar malam near Woodlands MRT which was also selling muah chee from Taiwan, but the biscuit type and not the soft ones. When she went near, the ah pek (in his forties) and a young man (in his 20s with dyed hair) went to attend to her. The old man kept opening packets of muah chee for my mum to try out the flavours, saying "Yi nian yi chi, gan gan chi la, mei shi de. Lai, wo kai gei ni" (in Chinese, meaning that my mum was free to try his goods since this was a once a year thing (CNY) and that it was alright.) So, after trying out a few my mum decided to buy a little bag from them too. But who would have known the ah pek was trying to "kotok" my mum. Once she said she wanted to buy some, he immediately got a huge plastic bag and filled it by the armful with bags and bags of muah chee. My mum gaped at him, saying she didn't want so much. But the ah pek only repeated the same old line "yi nian yi chi" and when he was done weighing he told my mum, "Auntie, 2kg for $36 hor". Then my mum "huh" very loud, and all the other storekeepers nearby all looked at her cos this was early in the morning and she was the only customer around.

When my mum told him she didn't have enough, the ah pek asked to see how much she had in her wallet. When he saw that she had only $7 plus left, the ah pek said in Chinese "Auntie cannot be lar, your wallet so big how can so little money nia" then my mum said she only had this left since she had already bought a bag of muah chee from Cold Storage earlier. Then the ah pek said, "Aiya, Auntie, $20 I give you la, discount can la"The helper demanded to see what she bought, and brazenly OPENED MY MUM'S BAG OF MUAH CHEE AND ATE 2 PACKETS, giving the excuse that he wanted to sample what other stores were selling. While this was going on, the ah pek took the large bag he had filled up, and began pouring out (and I think deliberately) a lot of it til the only flavours left were the common ones like chest nut and red bean; and not the flavours my mum wanted to buy.

In the end he sold 400g of muah chee to my mum. When I finished hearing her story my mood turned worse. Wah lao .. this kind of uncle, want to scam people and some more so unreasonable de. Dirty business tactics sia wtf. Even though my mum says she think the uncle only trying to clear his stock fast. Must report to CASE *grumble*

I feel like going down to the pasar malam @ Causeway Pt and take his picture then post to Stomp sia. Hum chin peng.

After that, went on GE to bring my sis around. She direction sense still cannot make it, but at least I teach her how to read coordinate she can tell me her coor so I can find her lols. Level 13 liao not bad haha. And she happily report to me that she did a lot of quests liao and she knows how to use city guide to travel. T_T Then she tell me she want bellem boxes, I told her I supply the gold pieces but she camp at golden well for me, then split the boxes 30%/70%. Since she don't mind, then I said equips with good stats I will pass her, the rest I keep.

That was last night. This morning, I woke up in a better mood. Maybe cos my mum made pancakes whee~ At the moment in sch for my IB project meeting. Wanna go home early to play GE .. or sleep. See how ba~

No comments: