January 11, 2008

Today was really .. draining.

Met up with Winston and Jaslin for lunch at 1.30pm, where they tried out Gecko's fares. We sat there talking about everything under the sun, then at 3 plus pm we decided to go visit Guitoo (Jon) at NCS, but got drenched on the way there coz it was pouring.

He came out to meet us and we sat at the cafeteria with our drinks (I got choc, Jas lemonade?) on him :D. Made a move at about 4 plus, and caught a cab to AMK Hub. Reached at 5pm, then we two gals went browsing for clothes, but didn't end up buying anything.

Then, a detour to The Spectacle Hut. The lady at the counter greeted us, and measured my eyes' degree. Only 500 plus in my right eye (tot it was higher? =x) and 300 plus for my left. She showed us a few brands of contact lenses and asked me which one I wanted. They were having a promotion, so a box of I-Shine (which I choose) cost $17 instead of $38. But, if I bought 2 boxes, she would teach me how to put them on and remove them for free.

Not having much choice, I took nearly 2 solid hours trying to wear a pair, then taking them out, and repeating the process. Once. I feel like I'm .. I dunno, hopeless? Or maybe useless .. Jaslin took/put her on with ease while I was blinking like mad whenever the lenses went near my eyes. Not to mention tearing. Bleh. Anyway, I met my mum with my bro on their way to the park when I was arriving home. To cut it short, I'm glad she didn't scream at me or anything. She just said that next time I wanted to do smth like that, I should let her know first.

Ending off with a pic:

No comments: