June 07, 2007

Musings

Before I start on serious matters, here's 3 poems that I composed in class yesterday out of boredom:

On Rainy Days

The rain drops fall
with a plop
down on the pavement
on the people below

Streams and rivulets
down my windows
I reach out a hand
to touch them

Closing my eyes I
revel in their
unsung melody, beautiful
haunting.

With each ache of
my heart, the rain
washes away
with each plop

The Things They Say

They tell me
to stand strong
and be proud of
who I am.

They tell me
I have aspirations
but the only things
of mine are dreams.

They tell me
life is a race
whether first or last
finish it.

They tell me
to break free
but how can I
when I'm chained.

I Am

I'm a little teapot
hiding in my world
of dreams, ready to
tip over

I'm a little hedgehog
using my spines
when people come
too near

I'm a little kitten
loving nothing more
than sleeping all day
in the sun

I'm a little girl
playing pretend with
the world
imagining I'm woman.


Alright, got those out of my system. School today was .. fine.
Had hot-fudge brownie with chocolate ice cream with Milo freeze.

Again. I think I'm getting
addicted to Splash&Decker. Anyhow,
decided not to go for IT2591 lab lesson
today, as my screen demo
(had to redo it) is really killing me. Had a long chat
with
Celeste while on the train home about relationships. I told her
about my past RL and online relationships, she talked about what
her friends were going through. And among the things we mentioned,
the word 'love' popped up a few times. Long and short of it, a
few things to note:

i) Love cannot be forced. It happens naturally, or you just find
yourself developing feelings for the other party somewhere along
the way.

ii) Love hurts as much as it will rock your world. It may sound
strange, but if I had to choose between me or the guy hurting,
I'd choose to give my all, and be hurt, than not knowing love
at all. Somehow, my relationships don't work out for some reason.
But as Kory says, I am a passionate woman, meaning I use my heart,
and I use my feelings in any relationship I get into; which isn't
a flaw. I just have to learn to find that balance between using
my head and heart.

iii) Love is what we all look for. But at this point in time,
most of us are just looking for companionship, not the real
'future hubby' deal. Me, I've always been looking for That One.
Maybe in love I'm mature (in other things I'm not, but oh well,
I'm not perfect.)

iv) Love is complicated. Especially when you're undecided on
whether you really like the guy enough to call it love. Which is
what is happening to my younger sis now. But she being in Sec 3,
where people have steads, make/break ups its common of them to
face things like that.

Whatever comes, I hope all of you reading this find true love
someday. To love!




No comments: