June 22, 2007

~Remembrance~

Had a bit of rush in the morning getting to Bugis on time. Was late by a few mins, but Ben said it was ok, and we started walking up to Sim Lim Square. 3 years .. both of us had changed quite a bit. He had this 'Aussie' accent, me, I'd become 'skin and bones' lol.

We entered the Sony shop, and I chose a black Sony mp3 player (see below)




2 GB, with direct USB connection and FM tuner, up to 30 hrs playback = $165.

Happily carrying my purchase, we took a cab down to Paragon, where Ben treated me to lunch at Akashi Japanese Restuarant. Lovely settings, soft music playing in the background, friendly staff ^_^ As soon as we were seated, the waitress came over, took our order for tea, Wakatori chicken set for me (Ben's suggestion) and beef soup with rice for him; and handed us each a clean, hot towel to freshen up before our meal was served. Had a delightful meal, but forgot to take pics >< The prices are decent, I would highly recommend it if you want a quiet spot to have your lunch/dinner at a good restaurant.

We milled around the shopping mall, me looking at all the discounts and the tags GSS everywhere .. was sorely tempted to spend haha. Ben got 3 shirts at Giordano, then we both bought a book each at Kinokuniya, I got Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris for $15.80 =) He got some novel by a Japanese author, forgot what the title is hehe

After that, we proceeded to Takashimaya, where we had tea at Royal Copenhagen Tea Lounge, lvl2. I decided on Mocha cake with chocolate sauce, and hot chocolate. Scones with butter/jam/cream sufficed for him. The place is so posh, the general feeling you get is this high -class setting for rich tai-tais to have tea lol. Ok, call me sua ku but well, I've never been to places like that before so yeah

At 4 plus pm we decided to call it a day. My legs are aching now, but, I'll treasure today's memories forever ..

p.s: Benny, THANKS for everything. Really. =)

No comments: