June 23, 2007

Torrents

Finished reading the book that I bought yesterday. Took longer than usual, but I had work as well. Anyways, these poems below are on-the-spot .. verses HAD to get out of my system

in the silence
toss a glance
my way
and eyes open wide

where once
was a girl shorn
of laughter, of
joy

stands a woman
bereft of hope
dark pools of darker
despair

come closer to me
and I will show you how
the blood drips
from the blade

a rustle of leaves
breaking the
stilness
of the forest

a slight shift
in posture
eyes never leaving
the target

stooping down to drink
ears pricked, limbs
alert for any hint
of danger

sunlight sifting through
in shimmering flickers
of light on the
hunter and his prey

Couldn't think up of a proper title for them, shall attempt later. Maybe procrastination is really getting to me ..

No comments: